Customized solutions within a complete and seamless wealth management strategy
A well-structured estate plan permits you to choose your beneficiaries while maximizing your assets and minimizing taxes and costs.
Skillful estate planning is essential to ensure that your property does not pass to unintended beneficiaries or become reduced in value as a result of unnecessary and unexpected taxes and costs.
Estate planning strategies can include:
- Income-splitting between individuals
- Testamentary trusts provided in your will to reduce income taxes
- Drawing up multiple wills to minimize probate taxes
- Using trusts under your will for general wealth protection purposes, tax minimization, protection against matrimonial and creditor claims and succession of capital to your chosen beneficiaries, including children and grandchildren
- Estate administration, including probate matters, transfer of assets, post-mortem tax planning and personal and estate tax filings
- Interpretation of wills and trust agreements, contested wills, lost wills, and testamentary capacity issues – all handled with discretion and compassion